Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can i not be so nervous and blush all the time?

ok im not sure if its ashy problem or what it is but like i can bever call people only ppl i call a lot becuase i get nervous really easy like i cant call my bf without taking like 20 mintues to do it and i cant call family members often and like when i get invited somewhere i cant like go by myself casue i get nervous im not acaully but my stomach fels it and my face turns red soo easy it turns red when i ever pick someone up or anything... What should i do to get rid of my nervousness and redness of the face?How can i not be so nervous and blush all the time?
i have this exact same problem and it had taken me years to get better. i find that you have to prepare yourself mentally for situations like you described. you have to tell yourself you wont turn red and take deep deep breaths if you do. if i know im turning red ill take a few deep breaths and turn attention away from me and try to focus on one spot somewhere and i can usually stop it. like i said, it has taken years for me to control it, but if you work at it you will get better.How can i not be so nervous and blush all the time?
Social anxiety can cause these feelings, which can also lead to severe depression,


http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org/ds鈥?/a>





There is hope; I've been there, and still am there, it is a long, hard struggle. I recommend


Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cognitive_b鈥?/a> worked best for me, with mild anti-anxiety meds. I suffered from social anxiety for over 15 years. I've tried individual therapy, and group therapy and studied psychology for 10 years, as a profession, but also with the hope to cure myself.





Depending on your comfort level, you could go to a psychologist that practices CBT and specializes in anxiety disorders, seek a group therapy, or create one. Usually those that do attend the group therapy are a bit more high functioning because as you know, it can be difficult to speak in a group.





Another idea is to see if there are any local research studies being conducted that you could participate in.





The program that finally worked the best for me is this one: http://www.socialanxiety.us/findinghelp.鈥?/a> and I was lucky enough to have a structured behavioral group to go along with it. Sometimes the people that actually attend this program come back home and form groups.





I recommend a mild anti-anxiety med in addition to CBT therapy.





Any questions, let me know ... I can't tell you how much this has improved my life!
I use to feel the same way. I couldn't go anywhere by myself, and I couldn't even call my cousins or talk to them because I was scared of them, but as you get older, you'll somewhat overcome your shyness. (But it will always be lurking in the background)





You probably have social phobia, I know I still have it but you can overcome it. I still sometimes feel shy around groups of people, but I'm getting better.
You poor thing! I really feel for you. You are suffering from social phobia. I suffered for years %26amp; then went on to have severe agoraphobia. I received intensive treatment %26amp; am what you would call ';in recovery'; I am doing really well but still on occasion have times when I just can't face people either in person or on the telephone but I just relax %26amp; ride these times through now. They pass after a couple of days %26amp; I function normally again.


Call your local community health centre or hospital %26amp; ask what programs thay have for Social Phobia. Get help now before you become debilitated by it!!!


Good luck %26amp; take care of yourseld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services